If there are no jobs available that match your skills and qualifications, you may submit your resume by e-mail to jobs[at]rooseveltinstitute[dot]org
Posted: October 28, 2013
Overview: The Assistant Director is a key member of the Roosevelt Institute’s Development team, managing the organization’s special event activity by working closely with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement. He/she oversees the execution of public programming for the Institute from initial, strategic planning stages through post-event follow up and reporting.
- Plan and execute all aspects of strategic events in support of the Institute’s fundraising activities and general events in support of the Institute’s various program units
- Establish and maintain a system to track events from beginning to end
- Manage all event data so that critical information is captured and entered into the Institute’s Salesforce database
- Generate regular reports on event progress to keep staff apprised of progress, needs, timelines, etc.
- Create and adhere to action plans and budgets for every event
- Identify opportunities for donor cultivation and engagement via events
- Provide highly personalized, special handling for VIPs (donors, prospects, Board members, special guests, etc.)
- Coordinate and liaise with internal staff and external constituencies as appropriate
- Assist in the development and compilation of electronic and print event materials
- Coordinate event evaluations and follow-up
- Recruit, train, and supervise event support when needed
- 3 – 5 years of related event experience including project and event management, data management, budgeting, drafting and designing supporting materials
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when required
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM software preferred
A college degree and interest in progressive policy is required.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to jobs[at]rooseveltinstitute[dot]org. Subject line MUST include "Assistant Director, Special Events." No phone calls, please. References and writing samples to be provided upon request.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Roosevelt Institute reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
The Roosevelt Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.